Differential Backup Software
Differential backup software is needed if you want to perform daily backups, but in such manner that time and storage space of each backup be significantly reduced.
Backup is differential if every time the task is on, only those files that were created or changed since the last full backup are saved.
For example, if you do a full backup on Sunday, and then perform daily differential backups, then Friday's differential backup will contain all data that appeared or changed for the whole work week.
Novosoft Office Backup software features:
How to get Novosoft Office Backup software:
Only the byte level changes, only the least modifications of your documents, e-mails, disk images or databases are saved thus saving considerably backup time, storage space, and consequently your money.
Novosoft Office Backup is handy differential backup software. Download Office Backup and try the power of differential backups today! Free trial!
Difference Between Differential and Incremental Backup
The difference between and incremental backup is that the amount of data being backed up is calculated from the last full backup, rather than from the previous backup.
- In case of differential backup the amount of data being backed up is calculated from the last full backup.
- In case of incremental backup the amount of data being backed up is calculated from the previous backup.
For instance, if you repeat two incremental backups without changing any files, the second backup will contain nothing, while two consequent differential backups will be identical.
Another advantage of making differential backups is that it enables you to quickly restore data in case of a disaster.
- Recovery of incremental backups needs to go through the entire chain from the last to the first backup.
- Recovery of differential backups is done in two steps, using the most recent full and the most recent differential backup.
Office Backup supports both differential and incremental backup technologies. Learn about incremental backup...
Backup of Different Types of Data with Office Backup Software
Our differential backup program enables you to apply differential backup for different types of data:
- Differential backup of files. If you need to daily backup a folder in which you daily change some amount of data, differential backup may be the perfect strategy for you. Some of the files may be repeated, and they will be skipped. Thus, the volume of your backup will be appreciably reduced.
- HDD images differential backup. For disk imaging differential backups also work effectively and allow saving a lot of drive space. However, calculation of a difference requires Office Backup to create a complete drive snapshot to compare it with existing backup. This in turn requires the corresponding amount of drive space for temporary use, which is often unsuitable for many users.
- Databases differential backup. Office Backup is especially powerful for performing MS SQL differential backup, MySQL differential backup, or differential backup of some other database. Instead of backing up tens of gigabytes of data each time, you can limit it to hundreds of megabytes and save only new entries that were added since the full backup.
Novosoft Office Backup can be surely employed as easy-to-use differential backup software!
See also: Full Backup, Mirror Backup, Scheduling Backup, File Synchronization Software, Differential Backup, Incremental Backup, Daily Backup, Weekly Backup