Restore of Single Files and Folders
In Office Backup you can restore either a full backup set or any single file within a given backup set. To restore a single file from a backup copy, you need to determine which backup task was responsible for backing up this file.
If the backup task was created for this single file only, and does not contain other files, you can restore it in a regular way by either restoring it automatically or creating a separate restore task for this file. Read more.
However, if the single file that you need to restore is a part of a larger backup set which contains other files as well, you need to follow these instructions.
- Launch Novosoft Office Backup by clicking on the program icon.
- In the task view box of the program main window, select the backup task that is responsible for backing up the single file.
- In the file view box, you will see a list of files and folders which were backed up upon this task.
- In the picture above you can see that we selected the backup task that was responsible for backing up the Novosoft Office Backup folder stored locally on disk D.
- By double-clicking the Novosoft Office Backup folder, you can see all files that this folder contained at the time of backup.
- Select the single file that you want to restore.
- Right click on it, and in the menu that appears, select the Restore item.
- Novosoft Office Backup will restore the single file to its original location.
You can restore a single folder the same way.
Go to Help Contents