When Novosoft Office Backup is running, Novosoft Office Backup agent icon appears in the system tray.
It doesn't consume much system resources and serves for the following:
- indicates that Novosoft Office Backup is running;
- enables the program scheduler to work;
- allows to open the program window by double-clicking the agent icon;
- allows you to use some agent menu options.
When Novosoft Office Backup window is closed, the agent indicates a working status of the program such as:
- the program is executing one or several tasks;
- one or several operations have finished with an error.
The agent menu
The Agent menu is available on right-clicking the agent. All menu options are performed through the left-click of the mouse.
- Open Novosoft Office Backup: Opens the program window when it is minimized.
- Execute all tasks: Upon clicking this option, the program executes all the tasks simultaneously. Note that this option cannot be used when backing up to a CD, as in this case only the task that has managed to lock the CD first will be backed up.
- Execute: In the pop-up menu of the execute function, you can select what actions you want to perform. The actions include: Backup, Restore, Synchronize, FTP Rebind.
The FTP Rebind function allows synchronizing the internal program information about a reserve copy with attributes of files contained in this copy stored on an FTP server. It can be very useful in some situations when your data are transferred to the server before the backup is made. For instance, if you send a large size backup copy on a CD/DVD to a storage center. Generally, the next backup of this copy should be full, but after applying the FTP Rebind function it will be incremental which means that the program will backup just new and updated files from your local PC.
- Exit: Exits the program (the program will be terminated and the agent will disappear from the system tray).
Go to Help Contents