File Data Source
You can use the file data source not only from a local computer, but from a remote computer as well. If you already have a file data source, you may use it to do the backup of the selected database. To create a new file data source, follow the instructions below:
- Click the New... button next to the DSN Name field to create a new file data source.
- A standard ODBC dialog will appear. Select a driver for which you want to create a data source.
- Click the Advanced button if you know the driver-specific keywords for this data source.
- The "Advanced File DSN Creation Settings" window will appear. Type the driver-specific keywords in the box of the "Advanced File DSN Creation Settings" window.
- Click Next to proceed to the next window of the "Create New Data Source" wizard.
- Type the name of the file data source in the space provided, and click Next.
- In the last window of "Create New Data Source" wizard, you will see the summary of your data source. Click Finish to finalize the data source creation.
Machine Data Source
Go to Help Contents