File Data Source
Use file data source to open data from a file source with the help of ODBC driver. You can use the file data source not only from a local computer but from a remote computer as well.
If you already have a file data source, you may use it to do the backup of the selected database.
To create a new file data source, follow the instructions below:
- Click the New: button next to the DSN Name field to create a new file data source.
- A standard ODBC dialog will appear. Select a driver for which you want to create a data source.
- Click the Advanced button if you know the driver-specific keywords for this data source.ÿ The "Advanced File DSN Creation Settings" window will appear. Type the driver-specific keywords in the box of the "Advanced File DSN Creation Settings" window.
- After you have chosen the driver, click Next to proceed to the next window of the "Create New Data Source" wizard.
- Type the name of the file data source in the space provided, and click Next.
- In the last window of "Create New Data Source" wizard, you will see the summary of your data source. Click Finish to finalize the data source creation.
- Now you have a file data source that is stored in your local computer as a single file that you can access at any time even form a remote computer. You can use this file data source to create more backup tasks.
- In some cases the driver may not find the database automatically and you will have to specify additional settings such as path to the data to be backed up.
- The file data source that you have created is displayed in the "Select Data Source" window's view box.
Machine Data Source
Go to Help Contents